Welcome to CustomSearch
Show your support (Suggested: $5)
Open pages will need to be reloaded in order to use your newly installed extension.
|Ways to Search:
||• Search Bar, or...
• Right-click contextual menu, or...
• User-configurable buttons in the toolbar.
|Ways to Toggle Search Bar:
||• Type the key combo (Option-F), or...
• Click the toolbar button
|To Edit Search Entries:
||• Click the gear at the right of the Search Bar
Change Search Bar shortcut and more in Safari▸Preferences▸Extensions▸CustomSearch
Here are the changes in the latest version:
CustomSearch 1.3.2 Nov 27 2012
- Updated for Safari 6 & Retina display
- Minor bug fixes
CustomSearch 1.3 Oct 18 2011
- Unlimited Search Entries! Have as many or as few as you want.
- Various improvements to the Entry Editor making it easier to use.
- Moved "Debug Variables" setting to Entry Editor
CustomSearch 1.2.2 December 11 2010
- Stricter filtering of search bar shortcut, to avoid clashing with menu shortcuts.
CustomSearch 1.2.1 November 28 2010
- Bug in assigning tooltips to toolbar buttons
- Bug in the default Wikipedia search
CustomSearch 1.2 November 16 2010
This release brings a number of big changes on the back end to support more robust future functionality. Make sure to read through the changes below and familiarize yourself with the new Search Bar and the Entry Editor.
- In-Page Search Bar, with keyed searches ("wiki Tomato" to search Wikipedia for example), customizable hotkey to display the search bar (default is Option-F)
- Editing of search entries has been moved to the all-new Entry Editor, accessible from the new Search Bar.
- To reduce clutter in the View▸Customize Toolbar dialog , there are now just 4 CustomSearch toolbar buttons. You can choose which Search Entries are assigned to these buttons by going to the Entry Editor and changing the value of the Button setting.
- Optional 'Debug Variables' entry to help in creating your own search entries
- URI variable #TEXT_OR_URL#
- There are now 24 search entry positions. Plans for add/remove functionality (and thusly no limit on entry count) are in place for a future release.
- Now hides entries from the contextual menu which use variables whose content isn't available (such as an entry that needs #TEXT#, when no text is selected)
- URI variable #URL# was getting the wrong value when right-clicking links
CustomSearch 1.1 July 26 2010
- Upped max searches from 8 to 16
- Inline variables for inserting selected text and page/image URLs into the search. You can now use CustomSearch to search as well as share URLs!
- Simplified Settings pane. Old settings will be imported on first run.
- Default searches enabled: Wikipedia, Amazon, TinEye
- Default "share" entries: Facebook, MySpace, Tumblr (these items start at entry 9 to avoid conflict with searches from previous versions)
- Bug in the default Wikipedia search entry.
CustomSearch 1.0.2 June 13 2010
- Added Icon for Preferences
- Upped max number of searches from 4 to 8
- Contextual Menu Items only appear when there's a text selection
- Improved Toolbar Item behavior for empty searches